Jennifer L. Ward is the Managing Partner of the Pennsylvania and New Jersey offices. Ms. Ward has substantial experience in the area of labor and employment law. Her litigation experience includes the defense of a variety of employment claims, including race, sex, national origin, disability discrimination, wage and hour, harassment, and retaliation claims. She has also defended cases involving wrongful discharge, breach of fiduciary duty, contract disputes, federal class action litigation, fair debt collections practices, Lanham Act litigation, derivative suits, shareholder demand letters, and fraudulent inducement.
Ms. Ward also counsels employers on workplace issues and best practices, developing customized employee handbooks, employment agreements, non-compete covenants, sexual harassment policies, and social networking and electronic privacy policies.
Ms. Ward also offers specialized knowledge and skill in the defense of professional liability, handling claims involving:
- Employment Practices
- Legal Malpractice
- Directors & Officers
- Errors & Omissions
- Insurance Agents / Brokers
- Real Estate Brokers
- Home Inspectors
- Architects & Engineers
- Premises Liability
- Community Homeowners Associations
- Insurance Adjusters
- Motor Vehicle/Trucking Liability
- Public Entity Liability
- Government Liability
- General Liability
Ms. Ward has been recognized as a top New Jersey litigator. She was selected by the New Jersey Law Journal to the “New Leaders of the Bar” (limited to only 40 New Jersey lawyers under the age of 40) and named by New Jersey Super Lawyers as a one of New Jersey’s “Rising Stars” (only 2.5% of lawyers under age of 40 are selected, named through peer nominations and independent research). Ms. Ward was also invited to join the prestigious Council on Litigation Management (CLM) to which membership is based on nomination by a CLM fellow.
Ms. Ward is most recognizable for her winning appearance on the Nickelodeon television show, Double Dare. She and her partner held the record for several years for the fastest time completing the famed obstacle course. During college, she served as the team captain for Liberty’s Division 1 fast pitch softball team. She was also awarded an athletic scholarship.
- Labor and Employment Law
- Commercial and Complex Litigation
- Business and Professional Liability
- Government Liability
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- New York
- Regent University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Liberty University, B.S., Athletic Scholarship
- "The Most Common Employee Lawsuits and How to Avoid Them - Part 1: Harassment and Discrimination," FMG webinar, February 2017
- National Update on Employment Litigation, Panelist, 2014
- Annual EPLI ExecuSummit, Panelist, 2010 and 2011
- ACE Group
- Freedom Specialty Underwriters
- Liberty International Underwriters
- Liberty Mutual
- Monitor Liability Managers, Inc.
- Nautilus Insurance Group
- National Panel List for WR Berkley Corporation
- RSUI Group, Inc.
- Vela Insurance
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers
- National Association of Insurance Women
- Tri-State Human Resources Management Association
- Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.
- New Jersey Young Insurance Professionals
- American Bar Associations, Young Lawyers Division
- Central Jersey Claims Association, Founding Member and Vice President
- South Jersey Claims Association, Committee Member
- Council for Litigation Management
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society
- Prior to joining Freeman Mathis, Jennifer Ward was a Managing Partner of the New Jersey office of Spector Gadon & Rosen, P.C.
- Selected by the New Jersey Law Journal to the “New Leaders of the Bar” (limited to only 40 New Jersey lawyers under the age of 40)
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars” (only 2.5% of lawyers under age of 40 are selected, named through peer nominations and independent research)
- Invited to join the prestigious Council on Litigation Management (CLM) to which membership is based on nomination by a CLM fellow.