Jonathan M. Romvary is an Associate Attorney in the Business and Professional Liability, Labor and Employment Law, Construction Litigation and Data Security, Privacy, & Cyber Liability practice groups. Mr. Romvary has substantial experience representing a full range of clients involved in commercial and complex litigation matters.
As a member of the Data Security, Privacy, and Cyber Liability practice group, Mr. Romvary advises and represents businesses in a variety of matters relating to data security, privacy laws and matters affecting intellectual property. Much of his practice involves advising clients on data security practices and incident response preparedness, as well as serving as breach counsel to organizations that have experienced an incident and need guidance on how to respond quickly, efficiently, and in a manner that complies with applicable law while mitigating risk and preserving customer relationships. Mr. Romvary’s industry and technology background includes cryptography and network security, computer architecture, information security, and computer science. Mr. Romvary is also knowledgeable of numerous programming paradigms including procedural and object-oriented programming languages. This background distinguishes Mr. Romvary from most other attorneys in this field and makes him uniquely able to understand and advise organizations on the complex and challenging issues and risks with respect to data security and privacy issues.
In addition, Mr. Romvary frequently represents regional employers in various labor and employment law and commercial litigation matters. His litigation experience includes contract disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, fraudulent inducement, patent litigation, Lanham Act litigation and the defense of wage and hour claims. Mr. Romvary also has served as legal counsel to both national and regional contracting companies specializing in residential and commercial construction. Mr. Romvary assists these clients in developing customized operating agreements, employment agreements, non-compete covenants, and social and electronic privacy policies.
- Business and Professional Liability
- Labor and Employment Law
- Commercial and Complex Litigation
- Rutgers University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2011
Managing Technical Editor: Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Saint Joseph’s University, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, 2008
- Prior to joining FMG, Mr. Romvary was an associate at Goldberg & Wolf, LLC and Ryder, Lu, Mazzeo & Konieczny, LLC, both in the Philadelphia region.
- While in law school, Mr. Romvary served as a law clerk for the Hon. Joel H. Slomsky of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Hon. James J. Fitzpatrick, III, of the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.