Scott C. Hofer is a Partner with the firm and practices in the Philadelphia and New Jersey offices. Mr. Hofer concentrates his practice in construction law, errors and omissions with a focus on architects and engineers, and commercial litigation.
Mr. Hofer's construction law practice includes representation of general contractors, sub-contractors, professionals and insureds of many national insurance companies. He regularly handles all types of construction law matters including contract disputes, change order issues, construction defects, surety claims, OSHA, DBE, FCA and government contract litigation. Mr. Hofer's construction practice also includes design law claims representing architects and engineers in claims for professional negligence. In addition, he also has significant experience counseling clients on issues related to contract formation and administration. He is an active member and advisor to the Associated Builders and Contractors.
Mr. Hofer's commercial practice includes a wide variety of business disputes involving contracts, directors and officers (D&O), TCPA, FDCPA, payment and collections, unfair business practices, non-competition matters, and other business liability claims.
He also regularly counsels clients on contract and policy practices, conducting business deals and how to avoid/minimize claims and controversies.
Mr. Hofer practice is multi-state, and he routinely appears in state and federal court in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. He has tried all manner of cases to verdict including jury, bench, arbitration and administrative cases.
- Construction Law
- Construction Defects
- Design Law/Architects and Engineers
- Government Contracts
- Commercial and Complex Litigation
- Directors and Officers
- General Business Advice
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- State of Maryland
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Courts for the District of Maryland
- United States District Courts for the District of Columbia
- The George Washington University Law School
- The University of Iowa
- Associated Builders & Contractors
- New Jersey Chapter
- Board of Directors
- Executive Committee
- Member of the Year - 2015
- Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter
- Flaster Greenberg, P.C.
- Howland, Hess, Guinan, Torpey, Cassidy & O'Connell, LLP
- Cohen, Seglias, Pallas, Greenhall & Furman, P.C.
- Quagliano & Seeger, P.C.