Allan Hayes is a Managing Director in the Government Law, Professional Liability and Insurance Coverage practice areas at Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP, and has in-depth experience developing practical, strategic solutions to complex regulatory and legislative issues. He is also a licensed Life & Health Insurance Counselor in the state of Georgia.
For five years, Mr. Hayes was Deputy Commissioner of Insurance, Deputy Fire Safety Commissioner and Deputy Industrial Loan Commissioner in the Office of Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner. As Deputy Commissioner, Hayes was responsible for the Consumer Services, Industrial Loan, Fire Safety, Public Information, Enforcement and Public Education divisions of the Georgia Department of Insurance. In addition, as the legislative liaison to the Georgia General Assembly, he helped pass the Commissioner’s legislative agenda.
Before his appointment as Deputy Commissioner in 2001, Mr. Hayes served as District Director for U.S. Representative John Linder (where he worked with then Chief of Staff and current Congressman Rob Woodall) and represented the Congressman in the district and oversaw all district office operations, which included scheduling, constituent casework and community outreach including local government relations.
Mr. Hayes has additional campaign and political experiences including working for Georgia State Senate President Pro Tempore, David Shafer.
- Mercer University, Stetson School of Business and Economics, M.B.A.
- University of Georgia, B.A., Political Science
- Fellow, Life Management Institute (FLMI) designation from LOMA
- Associate, Customer Service designation from LOMA
- Associate, Reinsurance Administration designation from LOMA
- Associate, Insurance Regulatory Compliance designation from LOMA
- Accredited Insurance Examiner (AIE) designation from IRES
- Commissioned Officer, Georgia State Defense Force
- Georgia Insurance Commissioners Appointee to the Georgia Automobile Insurance Plan Board of Directors
- Volunteer, Junior Achievement of Georgia
- USNA Certificate of Appreciation
- GA DOD 2012 TAG Defender Cup Participant Medal
- GA DOD Georgia Active Duty Ribbon
- GSDF Commendation Medal
- GSDF Good Conduct Ribbon
- GSDF Emergency Service School Ribbon
- GSDF Military Indoctrination Ribbon
- GSDF Outstanding Unit Citation
- GSDF Longevity Service Ribbon 5 Years (Silver Star)
- GSDF Senior Mission Badge
- SGAUS Military Emergency Management Specialist (MEMS), Basic Badge