Freeman Mathis and Gary is a national litigation firm located in the Galleria in Atlanta, GA. We are seeking a Billing Analyst with three to five years of billing experience. A background in medical or legal billing is preferred. Characteristics that have proven successful in the role include the ability to follow up, multi-task quickly, research and resolve complex billing transactions and above all else, maintain a positive attitude. Solid communication skills are important as billing Analysts are required to communicate frequently with attorneys, either in writing or in-person. The following set of success factors describe the characteristics of those who are successful in our Firm:
• Helpful, Congenial, Personable, Positive
• Unpretentious, Approachable, Respectful, Team Oriented
• Accountable, Takes Ownership, Corrects Mistakes
• Organized, Timely, Confidential, Responsive (within 24 hours)
Essential Job Functions:
- Compiles and bills attorney hours to clients every month.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Apply retainer funds as directed by an attorney.
- Execute high volume and complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills).
- Effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Review and verify the accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Create billing schedules and various other billing analysis as required.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Is familiar with and applies Firm billing policies and follows established procedures.
- Utilizes computerized billing software programs to perform billing duties.
- Works closely with the E-Billing team members to ensure bills are paid quickly and not rejected.
- Assists with special projects and additional duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- High School Diploma required. Bachelors’ Degree preferred (Accounting, Business, Legal Studies).
- Accounting and Billing software experience is preferred.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and HTML (web-based) programs.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under tight deadlines.
- Top-notch organizational skills for optimal work flow and efficiency.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail, catches errors and corrects them quickly.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and work demands.
- Pro-active, follows through with minimum direction, and displays initiative.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and has confidence.
The Firm values hardworking, collaborative and self-starting individuals. We offer the following in exchange for your hard work and dedication:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision
- HSA and FSA for employees and dependents
- 401K Safe Harbor plan and an employer profit sharing program
- Company provided life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Year-end bonuses and referral fee incentives
- Generous PTO policy
- Regular, firmwide socials and events
- Work-life balance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Safe and comfortable office environment with easy access to gym
- Easy access to nature trails and cafes
- Free parking
Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP (FMG) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees by maintaining a workplace free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law. FMG complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.